Autumn in New York
AUTHOR SANEL HUSKANOVIC / CATEGORY OCTOBER IN NYC / PUBLISHED: SEP-28-2019
Traveling to New York in October is a great idea. The leaves in Central Park are starting to change color, the temperatures are usually perfect, not too hot not too cold, the sun is on the horizon almost every day and the last day of the month is the beloved Halloween. You can find out exactly what you can do in NYC during the month of October below.
The most important October events in 2019 in New York
Opening of the ice skating rinks
- Ice skating rink at Rockefeller: One of the most famous ice skating rinks in the world, the one at Rockefeller Center, opens on October 12, 2019.
- Ice skating rink in Bryant Park: The skating rink in Bryant Park will be open from noon on October 31st, 2019 and will remain open until March 1st.
- Ice skating rink in Central Park: The exact date has not yet been announced but it will be the end of October.
Halloween in New York
- Halloween Parade: The largest Halloween parade in the world will take place on October 31, 2019 in the West Village. You can read more about this here .
Columbus Day Parade
- Columbus Day and Columbus Day Parade: On Monday October 14, 2019 on 5th Avenue is one of the largest parades with 35,000 participants in New York City, stretching from 44th Street to 72nd Street. Start after the service in St. Patrick Cathedral which begins at 9:30 a.m.
New York Comic Con
- Comic Con New York: On Monday October 3 to 6 2019. With geek culture having an undeniable influence on mainstream entertainment, New York Comic Con has become a major annual event, attracting more than 180,000 comic book lovers , graphic novels, anime, manga, video games, toys, films and television from around the world. Big names show up for signings, screenings and panels.
Rooftops in New York
- Rooftop Tour: October is a great month because it's not too warm or too cold to visit some of the Big Apple's rooftops . On our tour you get to see 3 rooftops in one evening. You can reserve your place here .