The Thanksgiving month
AUTHOR SANEL HUSKANOVIC / CATEGORY NOVEMBER IN NYC / PUBLISHED: NOVEMBER -1-2019
November is one of the most beautiful months to visit New York, on the one hand very eventful, on the other hand a great atmosphere and usually sunny and still not too cold. Central Park is still mostly green at the beginning of the month and then completely immersed in fall colors. You can find out exactly what you can do in NYC during the month of November below.
The most important November events in 2019 in New York
Thanksgiving and Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Thanksgiving 2019: Thanksgiving is on Thursday, November 28th this year.
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade: The parade will take place on the same day November 28th starting at 9 a.m. to 12 noon.
- You can read everything about Thanksgiving, where to watch the parade and where to get a typical Thanksgiving meal here .
Black Friday - Shopping
- Black Friday: Starts November 29th at midnight. You can find tips and the best shops here .
- Macy's will open from 5 p.m. to 2 a.m. and then 6 a.m. this year.
- New York City Marathon: The world's largest marathon is on Sunday, November 3rd, starting at 7 a.m. Stand somewhere along the route and cheer on the runners. The route goes through all 5 districts, more details can be found on the official NYC Marathon website.
The Radio City Christmas Spectacular
- Radio City Rockettes: The Rockettes' first performance is on November 8th . The last one on January 5th. Tickets are available here .
Bronx, Queens and Brooklyn Tour
- Bronx, Queens and Brooklyn Tour: The real New York is also on our tour in November, every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, departing at 9 a.m. from our travel center . You can reserve your tickets here .