Welcome to New York City , the city where you can do and discover things 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There has been a Ukrainian restaurant in the East Village since 1954, where you can enjoy delicious and traditional food around the clock. The best time to try this restaurant is in the early hours of the morning , when you might want to grab something to eat before you go to bed after a night of partying in the city. :) Veselka is very popular and well-known among New Yorkers . Many stars, but also New Yorkers themselves, come and go here.
As already described, you can eat at Veselka around the clock. And the special thing is that it tastes delicious here at any time of the day . The waitresses are very courteous and well trained. This is especially important during hours when it is very busy, such as on weekend nights when there is a curfew in the bars and clubs. But even though the line can be very long, things move very quickly and the wait is definitely worth it. After a great trip or a crazy night of partying, you should plan a stop at this restaurant.
What awaits you at Veselka?
This is not a restaurant with very simple cuisine. The food will remain in your memory as the team at this place serve simply delicious dishes. A simple baked cheese sandwich is elevated with a special type of cheese and delicious fig jam . Valeska is particularly known for its Ukrainian specialties , which you should definitely try. This includes the following dishes:
- Pierogi: traditional Ukrainian dumplings made with either potatoes, cheese, meat, spinach & cream cheese, sauerkraut & plize, and other ingredients, which are served with delicious ribs and broccoli cheese variants.
- Ukrainian meatballs: these are made from ground pork and beef and served with a mushroom sauce, mashed potatoes and other side dishes
- Apple cider: this is now available in autumn and winter and you shouldn't miss it
- Blintzes : These are Ukrainian crepes with lightly sweetened cheese.
- Kutya: a delicious Ukrainian pudding with berries, raisins, walnuts, poppy seeds and honey
- And of course not to forget… Borsht : Ok.. Not everyone likes beetroot. But if you like it, then you should definitely try this delicious hot soup. :)
Interesting facts about Veselka :
- Most of the ingredients they use are sourced from local farmers
- 000 pierogi are made and sold every day
- 000 gallons (approx. 19,000 l) of borscht (the traditional soup) are produced by Velselka per year
- 500 potato pancakes are sold per week.
The restaurant's address is: 144 2nd Ave., New York, NY 10003
Opening times are 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.