Christmas and New Year's Eve in New York
AUTHOR SANEL HUSKANOVIC / CATEGORY DECEMBER IN NYC / PUBLISHED: February -7-2023
December is a very special month in NYC, the shop windows everywhere are festively decorated, every district has a wonderful Christmas tree and there is a particularly festive atmosphere in the city. Below you can find out exactly what you can do in New York during the month of December and what you definitely shouldn't miss.
The most important December events in 2023 in New York
The Dyker Heights Christmas Lights Tour
- Dyker Heights Christmas Lights are the definition of Christmas cheer! This neighborhood in Brooklyn is a must visit.
- We have a tour that goes there daily through January 3rd, departing near Times Square at 4:30 p.m. You can reserve here .
The most beautiful Christmas markets
- NEW YORK has extraordinary Christmas markets, my favorite is the Winter Village in Bryant Park.
- You can find a summary of the most beautiful Christmas markets in New York here .
Radio City Christmas Spectacular
- THE CHRISTMAS SHOW is truly an unforgettable experience for young and old. Tickets are available here .
The most beautiful Christmas trees
New York City has the most famous Christmas tree in the world, the one at Rockefeller Center, but it's not the only one that looks wonderful . You can also find wonderful trees in these places.
- Bryant Park
- Bloomberg News Building
- Washington Square Park
- Madison Square Park
- Lincoln Center
- The Plaza Hotel
- Lotte Hotel
Ice skating has a tradition in New York. The most famous ice skating rink is at Rockefeller Center. More beautiful places
- Bryant Park
- Pier 17
- Wollman Rink Central Park
- The Rink at Brokerfield Place
Window decoration is a million dollar business in New York, especially during the Christmas season, it is absolutely worth seeing. Some shops that have the most beautiful windows are:
- Saks Fifth Avenue
- Bergdorf and Goodman
- All the numerous high-end designers along 5th and Madison Avenue
- Learn more here
Santa Land at Macy's
- Santa Land at Macy's is out of this world, before you get to Santa you go through various elaborate decorations. You have to reserve in advance and you can do it here .
The most beautiful lights in the city
You can find the most beautiful lighting and decorations in this post.
Kevin alone in New York
The most famous Christmas flick of all time, Kevin alone in New York. You can find all filming locations here .
10 restaurants with skyline views
If you want to treat yourself to something special and have dinner with a skyline view, the 10 top restaurants can be found here .
New Year's Eve in New York
There is no place more suitable for welcoming New Year's Eve. You can find all the details here .